Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Where Rainbows End - Book 6 2010



After reading The Concubine's Daughter (read what I think of it here), written by Pai Kit Fai, I immediately grabbed another book. Of late, I find reading is like releasing your stress. Like being thankful when reading about less fortunate. Getting inspiration when reading about betterment in life. Albeit being fictional.

This, was what I read. Where Rainbow Ends by Cecilia Ahern (more info on the author here). I've bought this way back in 2009 but has yet to read. It's a box set consisting of three books i.e. Where Rainbows End, If You Could See Me Now and A Place Called Here (read its summary here). I choosed Where Rainbows End (summary here) over the other because it is written before the others.

Anyway, this book is about childhood friendship between Alex and Rosie. It started back when they were 5 years old and ended when they were 52. What I considered between them as platonic relationship and yet they never openly admitted it, not until they were 52! Alex did tried once but the letter got into the wrong hands. The story then included their offspring, Katie of Rosie and Josh and another baby of Alex.

What I like most about this book is the way it is written in text, sms, letter form and not the usual scenario and dialogues. Other than that, I'd rather be reading Jodi Picoult!


No comments: