Wednesday, September 20, 2006

how does it feel to be a housewife?

Tadi borak-borak dengan kawan kat ofis ni. She’s going for an unpaid leave – ikut suami yang distationkan somewhere out of Malaysia. Seronok dia. Tak sabar nak jadi fulltime housewife. Mulanya she had mixed-feeling tapi atas hasutan kawan-kawan (termasuklah diriku), dia akan tag along suaminya. I told her for one thing, anak mesti nak dekat-dekat mak dan ayah.

That is my aim – berhenti kerja pejabat and buat kerja sendiri. I told my husband a few days back, ‘I rasa I tak mau sambung belajar dah’. I got a scholarship offer last year for Masters. A joint venture with Nanyang Universiti Singapore – which I rejected. Reason being, mdh pun tengah buat master and I have masters of universe, who top my priority. Dan sekarang, I am more interested in attending sewing or craft classes – which can be put into good use, if I ever quit office-working. I remember seeing the Koreans designing accessories (and patterns for lace too) and put the colorful stones and turn the design into beeyoootifuull brooches, bracelets and whatnots (and the lace which we drooled for, to beautify our kurungs and kebayas). I remember having a conversation with someone who’s doing ID after quitting work. She said – it’s good to be free, to work on things you like rather than rushing for deadlines – even when the pay is smaller, it’s more satisfying. To her. And I guess I’d feel so too. Anyway, at this point we’re still not financially-confident to have just mdh as bread winner. Teringat ceramah Ustaz Wan Sohor over KLFM this morning, pertaining to working and rezeki. The geist - Bila kita bekerja, kita mesti niatkan kerana Allah. Kita kena mencari rezeki kita. Walaupun begitu, kita kena ingat rezeki di tangan Allah. Kalau ditakdirkan bukan rezeki kita, kita tak akan dapat. Tapi rezeki harus dicari. So, in the meantime, make the best out of the situation I’m in right now. Or maybe if I ever get another scholarship offer, I should jump into it. Reminder to self – education is virtue, whether or not you’ll work based on that (sooo the Korean lecturer told mdh’s group). (photo ~ gambar di one of the shops di mana begitu banyak aksesori dijual sampaikan rasa berpinau-pinau pada hari ke-5 kami shopping di sana)

Anyway, my ikan masin kurau which I ordered from KK has arrived in KL. This is one of my preparation for Ramadhan. Goreng panas-panas, makan dengan nasi PLUS timun cicah sambal. Urgghh, I’m drooling already. Buat gulai lemak pedas pon sodap, don’t you think? Anyone care to share recipe? Sebenarnya pesan kat Sikulat yang hore-hore di KK baru-baru ni. Pesannya, ikan masin kurau saiz sedang-sedang aje. Tup-tup yang paling kecik pun panjangnya sekaki lebih. So kenalah mencari resepi yang berbagai-bagai based on ikan masin.

Okaylah, ni nasi lemak nak interframe kejap. Makanan berbuka puasagantiku last week. Kat Mahbub Bangsar. Ikan kecik 2 ekor, gulai hati ayam, telur rebus, sambal ikan bilis, sambal kerang and timun. yahh, i eat that much. the thing is that i just don't grow fat but i deposit the food to the tummy area only :(



4 comments:

aida said...

terliurnya tgk nasi lemak tu

ummi said...

aida - jom makan. nasi lemak kat situ never failed to please my appetite.

y@tipruzz said...

keje sendiri mmg best...tu pon angan2 saye..cuma tgh pk specialty diri sendiri aper, duk umah kenala carik side income sama ye dak hehe

ummi said...

yati - ni pun tengah cari idea ni ha.