Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Show-Off Time!

I'm getting pathethic, in a way, I think. But anyway, blog is a mean of documenting life right. My life-jurnal, which is not so personal.

Anyway, this may hurt Yati a bit. Sorry dear but I hope you will be able to re-arrange your LGK trip nonetheless. There's always reason behind everything that happens. Who knows, you may get more $$$$ that you can spend should the trip be postponed. Presenting..... my Souffle Blue Corelle set. Told you I'm dull, monotonous and boring. (Sikulat and Zarid recently said I am not as introvert as I claim myself to be.. And they say Kakak is very much cheeky as I am..).

Back to the Corelle thing, we've begun to use the set last weekend, much to Kakak's excitement. She's finally upgraded from melamine Garfield. (Let's not waste things, those are Iman's now). I could not decide whether I should buy the Country Herbs or Plum set in the beginning. Somehow, considering my age, I scrapped Plum off my list. To make my decision-making process much easier, I saw this tea set. Err... supposedly of fine China. So, the Country Herbs was scrapped as well. To match the so-called fine China, I finally settled on Souffle Blue.

a bit on the classic end. but what a heck, it's just RM130 per set.

Ever wonder what SOUFFLE is? I did. Here's from Wiki
A soufflé is a light, fluffy, baked dish made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites combined with various other ingredients and served as a main dish or sweetened as a dessert. The word soufflé is the past participle of the French verb souffler which means "to blow up" or more loosely "puff up" — an apt description of what happens to this combination of custard and egg whites.
Every soufflé is made from 2 basic components:
1. a base of flavored cream sauce or purée
2. beaten egg whites.
The base provides the flavor and the whites provide the "lift". Common varieties for the base include cheese, chocolate, and lemon (the last two used for desserts, with a good deal of sugar). When it comes out of the oven, a soufflé is generally very large and fluffy, and will "fall" after 20 or 30 minutes (as risen dough does). Soufflé can be made in containers of all shapes and sizes but it is traditional to make soufflé in "soufflé cups" or ramekins.


Let's put a stop to all these pinggan mangkuk thing, shall we?

Someone wants to see us on screen. At least on computer screen. I don't normally put the photo of me-self too much, in case you hadn't noticed. So here goes us on tebby's convocation day. Oh, tebby who? My husband self-proclaimed himself as 'tebby'. That is for teddy-hubby by the way. Yahh... nice to hold, all gebu with lots and lots of cushion I must say! Yang, you know I don't really like those selim-melim lean guys, so this is indeed a compliment from me.


me and tebby.
tebby is wearing a tie I bought for him in Itaewon.



13 comments:

kaezrin said...

saya suke itu design..mmg haru ske langkawi nak beli ..or maybe opt for rantau pjg/pengkalan kubur juga..ahaks,...

ummi said...

elin ~ harus.. harus.. nyaris tak ingat dunia dibuatnya!

Anonymous said...

hihihi..selim melim jek disamping tebby...

ummi said...

oren ~ yahhh... masih selim. *diam sebentar* walaupun begitu masih ada spare tyre yang harus dilupuskan..

KakNi said...

Tebby pun not chubby. Ummi pun slim. Secocok le...

ummi said...

ahni ~ ye ke tebby tak chubby? (angkat kening). he needs to shed a few kilos lagi tu to reach his ideal weight. kita bukannya nak dia selim-melim mana pon, janji sihat sejahtera kan.

y@tipruzz said...

as of now i still dont intend to get the pinggan mangkuk set, aim to go there only to get chocolates and the 3-piece mangkuk set and casserole...tp tak tahula kalo dah sampai sana tanduk terus kuar :p

ummi said...

yati ~ casserole set pun murah-murah. beli corning tau, very flexible. akak dulu masa kat sana, time bonus masuk, apalagi.... sib baik boleh control sikit. I didn't terpesong jauh sangat from original budget.

pB said...

slim yerrrrr ......

jeles tu .......

ummi said...

PB ~ ambik gambar mesti tarik nafas dalam-dalam. apa org kata, stomach in - chest out... he.. he.. cover cover. org kurus pun ada body issue tau.. tayar spare pun ada jugak.. kalau tak, takkanlah anak jiran tanya, auntie mengandung ke?...

Anonymous said...

inaz

lahaiii.. comel aje umminya... awat ummi ceria tersenyum si abg kat sebelah cam dah letih eh?

NeroEcha said...

Tu dia akhirnya dapat tgk camne nye Ummi..slim org nye disamping Tebby tersayang..cute panggilan baru tu....

ummi said...

inaz ~ mana tak letihnya.. rehearsal panjang bagai, udahle sesubuh gelap dah kena ready.

nero ~ tebby itu dia bagi sendiri. kiut ek nama tu.