Monday, September 13, 2010

First Leg Eid 2010

During our engagement period, Tebby and me have decided that Eid is going to be celebrated alternately between his and my hometown. Well, we celebrated at both hometowns each Eid, it's just that the first day of Eid, there has to be like some kind of 'taking turns'. Well, he defaulted our earlier arrangement by celebrating our very first day of first Eid as married couple at his hometown. I defaulted back by having to celebrate in my hometown 2 years in a row, few years after that, sebab bersalin on 20th Ramadhan. Obviously I punya justification was more valid than his kan. Personally I don't really mind where to celebrate (but I bet his and my parents do). Afterall, marrying someone means you're also 'marrying' his or her family as well.

I notice that when you have small kids, it is so hard to have a proper family photo taken. Here's ours.


Eh, mana Iman? Yang, keep still. Kakak, don't slump please. Adam, don't dial my boss!

Boysss!!! Please! Tengok depan!


Adam!!!!


Which is why I never had any Eid family photo framed and displayed.

First day was a relaxing one. Went for Eid prayer, came back. Very close relatives came. After afternoon, nobody came so we had sort of tidur berjemaah while watching TV!


The girls in orange thights are my nieces. Seluar polka dot tu Kakak and yang bergebor tu is Iman.


In my kampung, since as far back as I can remember, on 2nd day of Eid, we have this 'tahlil kubur'. Went to pay respect for our beloved arwah, sedekah doa, sedekah duit for the kids. A tahlil was held and while we were at it, money is distributed to kids. Balik rumah masing-masing sibuk kira duit raya. And due to the fact that ramai yang datang menziarah kubur, maka ramailah jugak yang datang beraya. I've been dishing out raya delicacies, washing pinggan mangkuk, bancuh air, ketuk air batu and whatnots from 10 am right up to almost Isya'!
Part of the crowd. Total stranger, fimiliar faces, long lost relatives and all.


Adam and Bibik. Taking a sip after membuas. Bibik bawak dia balik awal coz he went out of control *sigh*


Iman and Wan, sebelum mula membuas

3rd day is the day we usually part for the other kampung. So 3rd day kami balik Terengganu. Since last year, due to some reasons that we spent 1st 5 days of Eid in Terengganu, this year we parted Temerloh a little late (usually after breakfast dah bertolak), after Zohor and after a lovely lunch at my brother's.

Humble, yet really fulfilling


Oh ya, while we were busy eating lemang, rendang and munching cookies, my kids' slippers were munched by a dog.
Bad boy you doggie doggie.



No comments: