Friday, December 08, 2006

confusion confusion

Confuse.. confuse. I need a maid but I don’t want a maid. Camne ek? Kakak akan start sekolah in 2008. We feel that tak sesuai dia balik ke nursery after school. Tapi, takkan nak suruh dia balik rumah sensorang? Having a maid around meaning we’ll be losing our privacy. Ye lah, selama ni dok lepak terlentang terbungkang kat living area tengok TV. In God knows what and do God knows what! Tapi rasanya I cannot be selfish. I have to put my children before my whims and fancies.

I need a maid but i don't want any.
I need a small car but I want a Neo. I'm being quite a confused lady of late, huh?

In fact, a few days ago, my SIL who’s living in Jakarta had found a girl who was willing to work for us. I repeat – GIRL. She’s just 18. Kang muda2 sangat pun tak reti jaga budak (which is the main reason of having a maid around) or sibuk nak bercinta. Kang tua sangat nanti, kita pulak kena jaga dia. Adehlah. But anyway, we’ll eventually have someone around at least 6 months before Kakak start her primary (Bila anak start sekolah, almost everyone yang saya kenal, terasa tua!). My cubic-mate, Rahmah told me that I need to sacrifice when it comes to raising children and this time around, my privacy.

I am the type of person who folds clothes to equal size according to the type of clothes. If so happen I’m folding scores of tshirts, they all would be of equal size when I finish. Same goes with lots of other things. And never-never jemur kain, without first ‘kirai’ the kain. I won’t like it. Do you think the maid will have difficult time with me? I’d rather quit working actually but the situation doesn’t permit just yet. Berenti keje while earning at least at par with what I’m earning now?

Too much to ask, eh.


Note ~ I’ve lost
one of lunch partners who decided to embark on the journey of slimming down. Glad to still have the other around. Zarid, bila kita start nak gi exercise nih? Smah, amacam, kalu nak lagi best, diet sambil exercise. Jom.. jom.. jom..


9 comments:

y@tipruzz said...

waa semah nak berdiet sama2 ngan bull eh...cepat gosip tersebar hehe caiyo caiyo!!!

zarid tayah diet, ko dh kurus!
k.tie pon kurus giler per!

kalo nk pi work out kat gim tu, cuba try yg kayuh2 ade meter tu, serius penat dan membakar kalori.

ummi said...

yati ~ akak ngan zarid bukan nak lose weight laaa. nak bagi trim and firm and fit. ni naik tangga 2 flight je dah mengah2.

Anonymous said...

wow semah.. herbalife diet eh? hehe.. bak kata yati.. berita tersebar dgn cepatnya..

Anonymous said...

when our Kakak start schooling on jan 2005, that was the 1st time I took in a maid that is after having 4 kids.

at first I also cant believe I'm taking a maid, sebab sebelum ni mmg kalau boleh tak nak ambik and I survived. TAPI...

bila ada anak sekolah ni cabaran hebat, mana nak tengok h/work anak, housechores, cooking and etc etc. We also need time for ourselves kan?

so okay, ambik maid..after one year, maid balik and we back to asal..hantar nursery and after 7 months being maid less, my kids were actually pestering me to stay at home. Tak nak dok nursery coz the need more space and a bit of freedom - makan tak bersukat, tak der timing makan and most of all according to Kakak nursery bising.

Sometimes, balik2 jer rumah terus suruh I masak coz lapar! Ya lah, kadang menu tak selari dgn tastebud depa so makan tak kenyang..

Budget pun banyak jugak with 4 kids hantar pagi petang - 2 sekolah rendah..dekat2 1k jugak for 4 of them. Yang penting tu because anak2 dah complaint - dah lama dah actually but now after the last exam, their marks drop banyak simply becoz i dont have time to really sit down and pay attention to their school work. Tak boleh jadi!

In the end, now we are in the middle of maid-hunt. Privacy atau apa2 yang lain have to sacrifice lah...nak resign is really not an option lah...the commitment is huge and kids tengah membesar perlu banyak belanja..to live comfortably, small sacrifices need to be allowed. That's my humble opinion.

ummi said...

julie ~ dia nak sihat2, kan smah kan.

k wan ~ thankkssss soooo much for the opinion. dpt dengar pendapat fr someone who has gone thru all this. all this while mmg penat (what more you with 4 kids!) but we value our privacy so much. i guess it's time to let go so we can have more time for anak2 and ourselves also. i just hope we'll get someone who's reliable and honest.

tu lah my fren kat ofis ni kata, you do not want a maid but it's more like you NEED one. kakak pun ada dok pester ummi dia suruh stop kerja and stay home but like you, i just can't afford it at this moment.

so, harap2 both of us will get maid yang bagus2 tak lama lagi.

thanks. really appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

Akak..saya pulak terbalik..i need a maid but husband really protest on my request!!!No privacy, only 1 kid so NO NEED maid!!kata dia..but then kalau anak dah 2 tu elok la ada maid akak and seriously hidup lebih teratus esp bila akak balik rumah ptg at least anak2 dah mandi & makan..then, u no need to rush to cook or if u want to self cook maid dah boleh siapkan bahan2 masak..the most important thing..tak yah lipat @ iron baju dah :)

and i agree, to have better on something required u to sacrifice on something..

Ella said...

hi ummi, dlm dilema yer... tu ler ella pun skrg tgh fikir2 gak pasal aliff dah start yr 1 this jan... ingat nak guna service transit utk sekolah agama seblh ptg tu... tp tgh timbang2 lg nie... aisyah mmg ke nursery + kindy ler... mmg pening lah plak bila anak2 dah sekolah ni kan....

ummi said...

mawar ~ different people different views kan. we survived all these while. but then since kakak dah nak start sekolah, we need to think on her part also. but anyway, we survived all along sbb my husband helps a lot in doing house chores - sapu rumah, kemas mainan and masak. of course ada things that dia tak boleh dan tak minat nak buat. but marriage is sharing afterall.

ella ~ memula ingat nak buat gitu jugak tapi takut dia tak relaks pulak. seharian kat sekolah/nursery. kami pun selalunya, puratanya sampai rumah around 7pm. and she needs to go to bed at abt 9.30. rasanya kena tengok penerimaan anak2 jugak. kalau dia okay ke nursery after school, okaylah. pening kadang2 kan..

Anonymous said...

wah wah.. hebah dah satu company saya nak diet.. alerr.. dah amik paid holiday 5 hari nih.. cam hancuss la diet saya yang baru nak setat 2 hari.. ahahhaha